5 Easy Ways to Show Your Cat Some Love
We didn’t forget about you cat owners out there. As a follow-up to our previous post about how to show your dog some love, we’ve compiled a list of simple and easy ways to do the same for your cat. Cats and dogs are very different creatures, but they both need love from their owners. You may not need to spend as much quality one-on-one time with a cat as you would a dog, but your feline pal still deserves affection. Here are some ways to show your cat you care.
1. Chin Scratches. Every cat I’ve encountered loves to be scratched under the chin. It’s a good way to please your kitty, give him a little extra moment of TLC and let him know that you haven’t forgotten about him. So when you see your cat throughout the day, take a few seconds and give him an enthusiastic chin scratch. Make it a point to do this regularly, at least a couple times each day. Even if you are busy running around the house or darting in and out, it’s easy to make the time for it. He’ll be very appreciative.
2. Catnip. What cat doesn’t love to go crazy playing with catnip? Treat your cat to a fun catnip toy. It will provide him with hours of non-stop fun. Plus, it’s always entertaining to see your feline friend go crazy on catnip.
3. Nuzzle Up. If you’re a cat lover, not much beats an adorable nuzzle from your cat. When you’re sitting on the couch with your cat on your lap, gently rub your face or forehead against your cat’s face. Most cats love this and will happily nuzzle you back. Be sure to pet him while you nuzzle to let him know that he is cared for and appreciated.
4. Play Time. Making time for interactive play with your kitty is a great way to show that you care. There are tons of things you can use to play with your cats. Break out the string, balls or toy mice for a rousing play session. If you don’t have any cat toys, use a plastic milk jug lid or link together a paper clip chain. Pretty much anything can be improvised into a cat toy. Set aside five to ten minutes every day to have interactive play with your cat. It’s a fun bonding time with your feline friend and it helps keep them stimulated.
5. Brushing. Not every cat loves to be brushed, but for the ones that do, it’s a great way to show them some love. You can use a regular cat brush or a lint roller if you have an especially fuzzy or long-haired pet. It’s a great way to spend some time with him while minimizing the amount of cat hair that accumulates in your home.
So even if you’re having an especially busy day, devote a little bit of time to your cat. All of these activities can be done in less than a few minutes. Plus, they are fun bonding moments between you and your pet that ensure they feel loved.