Craft Corner: Do-It-Yourself Cat Toys
I’m not very skilled when it comes to making crafts or pretty much anything artistic, but since I love cats and enjoy watching them go nuts over a new toy, I decided to make a couple of cat toys. I spent this past weekend fashioning some quick and easy toys for my boyfriend’s cats. I included easy-to-follow directions and some photos for those interested in recreating these toys. It takes less than 5 minutes to make each of these.
Cardboard Spoke Wheel
-cardboard toilet paper roll
1. Pick up the toilet paper roll and with the scissors, cut several 1”-long segments on both ends of the roll.
2. Fold each of the segments back so they resemble spokes.
It should look like this when you’re done folding:
3. Roll it on the floor and watch your kitty play.
-plastic Easter egg
-cat treats or dry cat food
1. Open a plastic egg and fill it with 3 or 4 pieces of dry food or treats.
2. Close the egg, and roll it on the floor.
Your cat will be engaged by the rattling sound it makes. He/she can bat it around until it opens, and then eat the treats or food: