Are you itching to give your reptilian pal a fun, edgy touch to his habitat? Check out these new terrarium skulls from Exo Terra. These life-like hide-outs add a realistic accent to any rainforest, desert and aquatic setup. Choose from Primate, Crocodile or Buffalo skulls to give dimension and fun to your pet reptile’s home. So if you’re looking to add a fun, exciting new hiding spot to your reptile pet’s home, try these skulls!
In need of an incubator for your reptile eggs? Check out the Reptile Incubator Unit from Exo Terra. This efficient, self-regulating unit is portable, well-designed and a must-have for any reptile lover. Unlike traditional incubator, this model self-regulates, switching to cooling mode when the temperature gets too warm. This self-regulating ability protects your clutches against changes in ambient temperatures during the summer, and saves you the trouble of constantly monitoring for temperature fluctuations. That way, you can leave eggs in the incubator unattended without worry.
It also boasts thermoelectric technology that both heats and cools the internal atmosphere from from 2°C to 60°C (36°F to 140°F). It’s impressively big, with two removable shelves, and it comes with a condensation tray, which lets you control humidity. The transparent door and interior lighting make it easy to monitor the hatching process. Plus, it has a carrying handle, which makes it easy to transport the incubator unit to shows and shops.
THROUGH THIS SUNDAY (11/6)
For a limited time only, properpet.com is offering great deals on select EXO TERRA items. Now is the perfect time to give your pet lizard, iguana or frog a home makeover for the upcoming season. Don’t miss out on these great deals for your fun-frog or leaping-lizard. From heat rocks to heating lights, we’ve got you covered. EXO TERRA’s wide range of products include:
- substrates – An essential part of your pet’s terrarium, a substrate creates a home-like environment for your reptile. Choose a substrate based on your animal’s natural behaviors and habitat. We carry bark, earth, husk, soil, moss, stone and sand.
- habitat and decorative – By adding hiding rocks and plants to your pet’s terrarium, you can create a realistic environment. Hide-outs, caves and dens provide your reptile shelter and higher vantage points, while plants provide shelter, hold water and even encourage breeding behavior.
- water and humidity – Water features like fountains, foggers and “rain” systems provide terrarium conditions for healthy and active animals. Frequent “rainfalls” can help stimulate breeding behavior in animals and serve as a necessity for healthy tropical plants.
- feeders and dishes – Decrease stress and improve overall health for your reptile by creating a natural feeding experience. Whether looking for a simple dish or an elaborate termite hill, we offer the perfect feeder for your pet.
- heating and lighting – Fluorescent and halogen bulbs provide both health and light for your reptiles, as well as health benefits of natural sunlight. Nocturnal animals may also benefit from heat lamps, which warm the air without emitting visible light.
- food and supplements – Keep your pet healthy with a balanced diet. We carry pellet and canned foods, specifically formulated for popular animals like iguanas, agamas, tortoises and turtles.
To SAVE on select items click here!
Our selection of reptile and amphibian products are growing and we don’t want you to miss out on these great deals. We invite you to browse through our great selection to get what you need for your pet.
We have a variety of substrates, also known as “floor materials,” to fill the bottom of their terrarium. Make your pet feel at home by creating an environment similar to their natural habitat. From husk, bark, earth, soil, sand and pebbles, give your pet peace and comfort, starting with a great foundation.
Hiding Rocks and Plants
In addition to the bottom of the terrarium, you can continue to create a natural-like habitat for your pet, by adding various hiding rocks and plants. From green-leafed plants to cacti and bushes, there is something to please all reptiles and amphibians. We even carry water plants, vines and hanging moss.
For your tropical reptile or amphibian, it is essential that their living environment is full of moisture and humidity. This environment can be created with various water systems including circulation pumps, compact filters, rainfall systems and more.
Feeders and Dishes
Alongside the decor of the living environment, it is also important that your reptile’s eating environment is similar to their natural habitat. Fortunately, we offer a great selection of feeders and dishes to suit their personal needs.
So whether you have a lizard, turtle or snake, you can find exactly what you need to keep them happy, while creating a home-away-from-home.
There are a wide array of snakes that you can own but choosing the right type may not only be important for the owner but may also be important for the health and well-being of the snake. The website Reptile Knowledge provides a checklist of criteria for snake ownership as well as some suggestions for types of snakes ideal for home ownership.
When looking for a snake ideal for you, Reptile Knowledge says four things should be considered:
- Average Adult Size: a snake should be able to stretch out at least two-thirds its body size. When buying a snake, you need to be sure you have space for a cage that can accommodate a snake’s body size and allow the snake to stretch out.
- Temperament/Behavior: consider the snakes listed below. These snakes are cautious about biting and are easy to tame.
- Feeding Habits: Reptile Knowledge suggests finding snakes that eat frozen/thawed foods. Frozen and thawed foods are easier to store and are usually available in bulk.
- Health in Captivity/Hardiness: be sure to choose a snake species that is comfortable with living in captivity. The four snakes listed below are able to live as pets if the proper needs are met.
Reptile Knowledge’s list of best pet snakes:
- The Corn Snake: They rarely grow over six feet long, have good temperaments, are able to be tamed within a short amount of time and they generally live long if their needs are properly met.
- The Kingsnake: Reptile Knowledge says that kingsnakes are the most common type of snakes owned because they meet all four criteria outlined above. They come in a wide variety but the most common type is the California Kingsnake.
- The Gopher Snake: Easy to tend to, tame and maintain, the Gopher Snake is an ideal snake for both first time snake owners and experienced owners.
- The Ball Python: Reptile Knowledge says that although Ball Pythons make great pets, they can be picky when it comes to diets. They also live for quite some time (in some cases past 20 years). So make sure you’re committed to owning a snake for a long time before buying a ball python.
As with any animal, the proper temperature, living conditions, fresh water and proper feeding and diet are crucial to providing an ideal environment for life as a pet.
Don’t think that only dogs can go for walks. Your pet iguana can take a stroll too. All you need is a leash or harness to let your reptilian pal safely explore the outdoors. As much as he may love the indoor living space you’ve set up for him, it can be nice to get some time outside, especially when it’s warm and sunny. The leashes and harnesses we carry are perfect for almost any pet iguana. Durable yet comfortable to wear, they are ideal for a saunter around the neighborhood or even if you just want to walk your iguana in the yard. They are also conveniently adjustable to accommodate iguanas of various sizes, and are available in different colors. So let your iguana friend get his swagger on outdoors with any one of our leashes and harnesses.
So you want to treat your pet, but you’re not made of money. You can’t afford every single cool toy or heated pet bed or nifty food dispensing gadget. No need to worry though because we feature an extensive clearance section that would satisfy any furry friend. All of our items on sale are competitively priced so you can buy items for your dog or cat without breaking the bank. We carry a variety of products, so whether you’re searching for a new collar, leash, food dish or toy, you can find it at a great price. So what are you waiting for? Get in on the great savings and peruse our clearance section.